If you have been invited to fill out a TradeTapp prequalification, there is a required question in the General section, asking you to "Provide your company's business Tax ID".
In the "Type" drop-down menu, there are various options you can select in order to complete this question as it applies to you.
- Companies with a 'US FEIN' or 'CAN BN' can select those options accordingly.
- Companies qualifying under a SSN can select 'US SSN' and enter their 9-digit SSN.
- Companies qualifying under an international tax ID can select 'Other'. Up to 30 alphanumeric characters can be entered.
"Tax ID is already being used" error
If you are seeing a message stating that "This Tax ID is already being used" when you enter in your Tax ID number, this can happen for a few reasons. Here are a couple of scenarios and how to resolve them:
- If your company has multiple entities that use the same Tax ID
- Solution: Continue completing the questionnaire. You can still finish and submit as expected.
- If this doesn't sound right and your Tax ID should only be used for the company account you are in, please contact support and we can take the necessary actions to clear out this message.