You can create projects in BuildingConnected to easily manage your pre-construction process, store project information, and invite subcontractors to bid.
If you are a subcontractor currently set up with Bid Board but would also like the ability to create projects, please click here reach out to our sales team.
To create a project
Navigate to your Projects page from the menu on the left-hand side.
Click “New Project.”
On the left-hand side, enter any public project information including project number, name, bid due date, location, job walk, RFI, and expected start and end dates, as well as project size, architect, and description.
- Note: The addresses in the “Location” field are powered by Google Maps. If Google Maps is unable to find your project address, we recommend entering just a street name or cross street. You can also just enter the city and state in the “Location” field. You can enter the full address in the “Description” field.
- You can also choose to make your project "Public", which allows you to share it with potential subcontractors in a public plan room link. Learn more about public plan rooms here.
- For "Budgeting", selecting whether you are sending "invitations to bid" or "requests for budgeting" which let the bidders specifically know if your project is out for budgets or bids.
On the right-hand side, there are a few "Advanced Options".
- Sealed bidding: See Sealed Bidding FAQs
- NDAs: See How general contractors can create an NDA protected project (BC Pro)
You can also enter private project information for tracking and reporting purposes. This information includes type of work, client, bid due date, account manager, project value, fee percentage, market sector, notes, and owning office. Please note that all information in the “Private Information” section is only visible to individuals within your company who have been added under the “Team” tab.
Once all information is complete, click .
All project information is visible to project team members on the “Information” tab. You can edit this information by clicking “Edit Information.” The only options that you cannot edit after the project has been published is the sealed bidding and NDAs.
Once your project has been created you can upload files, add new bid packages or import existing bid packages, invite bidders, and publish your project.